DIVORCE COACHING: Services For Attorneys and Their Clients
You can consult with Joanne Baum, PhD, LCSW, CAC III when you feel challenged by the following:
- Someone is crying on your shoulder and you’re not sure what to say to comfort them
- You wish your client would listen to you but they want to do it, their way
- A client becomes very positional and cannot hear any perspective but their own
- A client insists you go after their spouse and make that person’s life miserable
- A client is ambivalent and wants a divorce one week and isn’t so sure the next week
- The client wants to move forward but is afraid of how to tell the children
- A client just won’t listen to reason and is repeatedly emotionally reactive in your office
For Your Clients:
- Marriage Counseling or Divorce Coaching – what’s it going to be? Helping ambivalent people decide
- Divorce Coaching – basics and complex family dynamics – how to navigate your way through
- Coaching on Post Divorce Challenges
- Consulting on Parenting Plan Options
- Consulting on Decision Making Options
- Teaching Co-Parenting Skills
- Teaching Communication Skills
- Overcoming Trauma associated with the divorce process
- Expressing Empathy
- Showing Compassion
- Listening to get a bigger picture rather than listening to make a point and win
- Talking in a way that encourages sharing and a workable solution to meet everyone’s needs rather than talking in a way to convince the other person you are “right.”
- The Next Stage in a Family’s Life: Transitioning from one tension filled home into two loving safe homes
- Preventing children from falling between the cracks of two homes
- Post Divorce Counseling – who am I when the couple is no more?
- Helping your children adjust to their divorce
- Substance Abuse Evaluations, Interventions, Treatment, Continuing Care
- Respectful Parenting Coach
- Family Therapy
- Coping with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Services for Individuals, Couples, and Families Affected by SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Download our Printable Substance Abuse Brochure
Joanne Baum, PhD, LCSW, CAC III offers services to individuals, couples, and families facing issues with: substance abuse issues, substance use disorder, alcohol use disorder, alcoholism, addiction, co-dependency, and enabling.
When you’re not sure if there is a problem you can consult with Dr. Baum and get a formal or informal substance abuse or alcohol evaluation.
If someone you care about has a substance abuse problem and is in denial, you may want to talk about doing an intervention. Joanne has a solid track record for conducting caring, effective interventions.
Dr. Baum can help you decide what level of care is appropriate and possible treatment center options: in-patient, intensive outpatient or an individualized out-patient treatment program which Joanne can provide if that is a viable option. Sober living or a half way house are other alternatives to consider.
Continuing care following a treatment program is available for individuals and couples.
Joanne works with family members even when the person abusing isn’t interested in getting help, or, if your loved one is in treatment, you can begin recovering from your part in the “family disease.”
Alcoholism and drug addiction is a “family disease.” One person’s abuse affects everyone in the family. Working with the whole family (when possible) allows healing on a “systemic” level. Momentum shifts as family members help each other get healthy instead of enabling each other to progress in this powerful disease.
Families go through transitions when a family member enters and completes treatment. They can often benefit from help with issues such as: loss, hurt, relief, fear, anger, hope, resentment, disappointment, changes in family dynamics, trauma, learning to communicate differently, and learning how to be in recovery.
Sadly, sometimes by the time a family member is admitted into a treatment program, their partner is ready for separation or divorce. Joanne Baum, PhD has extensive training and expertise in the divorce process and co-parenting issues. She can help your family move respectfully through the transition from one home into two loving homes.
Dr. Joanne Baum, LCSW, CAC III began working in the substance abuse field in 1981 as Co-Clinical Director at the Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic, Detox Project in San Francisco. Joanne has written four books: One Step Over the Line (about cocaine), The Truth about Pot, Respectful Parenting, and Got the Baby Where’s the Manual?!? which won the 2007 IPPY Gold Medal in Parenting.
Areas of Expertise:
- Alcoholism/Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Intervention Planning and Interventions
- Continuing Care
- Relapse Prevention
- Individual, Couples and Family Therapy
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Divorce Coaching
- Parenting Plan Development with parents
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediation, Early Neutral Evaluation/Assessment, Collaborative
- Divorce Process
- Marriage Counseling